The Student Newspaper of Poly Prep Country Day School

The Polygon

The Polygon

The Polygon

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Chasing Victories and Warm Weather: Spring Sports Recap

VIA ALIX CAMPBELL

Boys’ Tennis

The Poly Boys’ Tennis team began their season on Monday, the 8th, with a disappointing loss to Horace Mann. Despite the rocky start, sophomore and second singles player Hutch Karp ’26 believes that “this group of guys are more determined than ever” to claim that desired NYSAIS Championship.

POLY PREP VOYS VARSITY TENNIS INSTAGRAM

Baseball

Despite a 2-4 start to the season, Poly’s baseball team is stronger than ever this year. Sophomore player Kobi Marshall noted that the “splitting of the Varsity A and B teams,” caused a rough start for the season. ”When each team’s chemistry improves we will be back to our winning ways,” Marshall added.

Softball

The Softball team is on fire to begin the year. They started their season with a 16-0 win against Horace Mann in their IPL season opener. Softball hopes to repeat last year’s triumphs and return the NYSAIS championship to Dyker Heights.

Outdoor Track

Poly’s outdoor track team recently triumphed in Ivy League 2. Junior Kayvan Dyk was “surprised by the outstanding level of some of the newcomers” and is now reassured that the “team will succeed” in the coming NYSAIS championship. 

Boys Volleyball

The Boys’ Volleyball team is off to a rough 0-2 start to the Ivy Prep League season. Sophomore player Tyler Borg believes this is due to the “loss of the seniors, it’s only a matter of time until we bring the pieces together and dominate in the league.” 

Boys’ Lacrosse

Boys’ Lacrosse is on a roll to start the Ivy Prep League season. They’re currently undefeated in the Ivy Prep League. After a hard-fought 12-13 loss in an out-of-league game played against Fordham Prep, sophomore Ben Robb said he was amazed by the “determination and fighting mentality” that the team has displayed this season. 

VIA HAZEL BUDKER

Girls; Lacrosse

The Girls’ Lacrosse team has been on a hot streak recently in this year’s Ivy Prep League. They’re coming off their first win in the league, which was a thrilling 11-10 battle against Dalton. Senior Captain Kaia Scott is hopeful for the rest of the season. “Our team is truly very united, and I know that we have nothing but a successful season ahead of us.”