The Student Newspaper of Poly Prep Country Day School

The Polygon

The Polygon

The Polygon

Summer Albums

Over the summer, we were blessed with many anticipated new albums. In June, pop icon Kelly Clarkson dropped her album Chemistry. This was a mix of pop and pop-rock to illustrate “the arc of an entire relationship,” related to Clarkson. On that same day in June, a newer artist named Kim Petras debuted with her album Feed the Beast, while Maisie Peters released her second album, called The Good Witch. Both of these albums contained many pop songs perfect for dancing. Famous rapper Lil Uzi Vert released his album Pink Tape, featuring stars including Nicki Minaj. Fast forward to July 7, 2023, when global superstar Taylor Swift re-recorded and re-released her third album Speak Now, now entitled Speak Now (Taylor’s Version). This incredible album came with five new songs, “From the Vault,” which excited ‘Swifties’ across the globe. On July 28, Travis Scott released his long-awaited album “Utopia”. This album features stars such as SZA and Future. Singer and TV star Reneé Rapp released her debut album, “Snow Angel”. Towards the end of the summer, in September, Olivia Rodrigo released her second album, “GUTS”. Although there were many incredible works released over the summer, my favorite was Speak Now (Taylor’s Version). Partly because of the nostalgia of this album but also because of how much better she sounded in songs such as “Enchanted” and “Last Kiss.” The new “From the Vault” tracks were also beautiful. Such as “Timeless” and “I Can See You.”