Summer Camp Closure

Poly’s summer camp (often referred to as Poly Summer) has officially been canceled for the summer of 2022. In an email sent to Poly Prep employees and 2021 summer camp families on November 3, Carrie Quigley, director of summer programs and external learning, wrote that the closure of the camp this summer is due to “a series of large-scale updates to campus infrastructure” that the Poly Prep campus will be undergoing. 

“I’ve loved my time at Poly Summer camp these last five years. I have enjoyed being part of a community that had given so much to me for seven years as a student,” said Amanda Grossman, Poly ’15 alum and five-year camp employee. “I always look forward to camp and I am truly saddened to find out that camp is canceled this summer. Poly is a special place to be a part of, especially during the summer, and I will miss my coworkers and kiddos!”

Reflecting on the unfortunate cancellation, Quigley, the head of Poly Summer, said, “I am sorely disappointed that we are unable to host camps in Dyker Heights this year. Our joyful summer community typically serves over 1000 campers and staff, and many of these participants call Poly their summer home. I am excited, however, that Poly will have an uninterrupted window of time to tackle critical upgrades that are required to keep our campus safe and operating throughout the school year.”